This is the story of my daughter Oliana who was born blind. To read her complete story start with the blog titled Oli's birth. You can email me at shannongardner@live.com




Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baby, Baby Any Day

It's been a long and exhausting 6 days. I've been having contractions since last Thursday. Ugghhhh!!!! I was admitted to the hospital on Friday because I was dilated to 3 and 50% effaced. Needless to say, 24 hours later I was dilated to 3 and 50% effaced.  Sent home on Saturday.  Bittersweet because I'm totally miserable because the contractions have continued nonstop this whole time, but good for baby girl.  I don't want her to come if she's not ready yet.  Today the contractions are about every 5-10 minutes and stronger so I'm going to the doctor at 2:30 to see what going on. 
The kids are doing great. Oliana talks more every week. Now she is telling me what she wants without me even prompting her!  Her speech therapist told me yesterday that she is saying 2 word sentences during therapy.  Yay!!! Kekoa is so excited for his baby sister to arrive. Every day he asks me "When is that baby going to come out?"  My mom had the kids while I was in the hospital this weekend and she told me that when Kekoa was playing his Wii game he stopped in the middle and said, "Grandma, I can't concentrate. I just keep thinking about that baby!" How cute!  I'll update again when I have more news. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that the baby can stay where she is a little longer and keep cooking. It's cute that Kekoa is excited...is Oli excited too? Yay for her talking more! That is just awesome!!

Yvonne Wilbanks said...

Good luck Shannon! Hope all is well with you guys in Texas... We miss you guys! Can't wait to see pictures of the 3 kids!!!

Anonymous said...

Still dilated to 3 and 50% effaced. Ahhhhh!!!! Miserable but good for baby girl. Don't want her to come before she's ready. Couple of more weeks maybe. Can't wait to see her!! I'll update when we meet her:)

Shannon said...

Still dilated to 3 and 50% effaced. Ahhhhh!!!! Miserable but good for baby girl. Don't want her to come before she's ready. Couple of more weeks maybe. Can't wait to see her!! I'll update when we meet her:)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are still miserable!!! I hope the contractions stop for ya and give you some rest so that in a couple weeks when baby G is ready, they can start back up and you can have a fast labor!

Anonymous said...

Hope baby G is still in there cooking!! How are the other 2 doing? K and O getting ready to meet their new sister??

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! I hear baby G arrived at 3 am this morning!! I hope all is well with baby and momma and that Oli and Kekoa are thrilled with their new sister!! :) Congrats Seth, Shannon, and family!!